Simply the Best Results
A Women's Retreat
(Especially for mothers of children with learning differences)
Saturday, May 7
(The Saturday before Mother’s Day)
9 AM – 4 PM
The Ecumenical Center, 8310 Ewing Halsell Dr, San Antonio, TX
What's It All About?
Parenting a child with ADD/ADHD and/or who is on the Autism Spectrum is challenging! Trying to manage his behavior at school and at home, plus acting as his tutor, advocate and caregiver places unreasonable stress on a mother’s energy and attention. And if she works or owns a business, as I do, it can seem virtually impossible to succeed on any front.
This retreat came into being, because I wanted to attend an event like this myself. I needed to know that I wasn’t alone in my struggles of raising a child who was different from his brother and his peers.
I wanted to attend an event where the focus was on my needs, as a mother of a child with special needs. An event where I would feel free, if only for a few hours, from the constant feeling of frustration and overwhelm. Where I could gain a new perspective and learn skills to help me cope with the daily challenges.
More than anything, after being worn down for so long, I wanted to feel revived spiritually, renewed physically and restored emotionally.
Along my 14 year journey, I found some answers, met other mothers who faced similar circumstances, and started to feel more in control, centered and in better balance.
I'm not out of the woods yet, stress-wise. My son is 15 years of age and I have different concerns for him than I did when he was elementary and middle school. The difference is in how I respond to the stress. Today, I have a greater number of coping skills to draw upon than I did back then, and this helps lower my stress-responses as issues creep up.
Looking back over my journey, I wished that I had had the tool box of techniques and resources I have now. Maybe I wouldn't have yelled as much. Maybe I wouldn't have felt so guilty and inadequate as a parent. Maybe I would have done a few things differently. But then again, how could I when I hadn't yet acquired the knowledge?
If any of what you have read so far resonates with you and your situation, then you will want to attend this retreat. Join me Saturday, May 7th from 9 AM - 4PM. My intention is to share with you the resources I've learned and used to help regain and maintain my own spiritual, physical and emotional balance in hopes that they will serve you too.
Who Should Attend?
- Have experienced overwhelm, frustration, isolation, and/or helplessness when it comes to parenting a child(ren) with learning differences.
- Have adopted children and are handling the unique, ongoing challenges and taxing struggles associated with adoption.
There is truth in the saying,
You must take care of yourself first before you can adequately serve another.
This event will teach you how to care for yourself.
What You’ll Walk Away With
This event is about YOU,...NOT what you can do for your child.
You'll leave with...
- A list of support resources available to assist you
- A new perspective on and a personal plan for self-care
- Stress reduction tapping scripts to help you stay in alignment
- New friends and acquaintances who share similar circumstances as yourself
- Practical tools to calm your nervous system that you can easily use on your own
- An Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) instruction handbook on how to use tapping to reduce fear, anxiety, frustration and stress.
The Details in a Nutshell
Saturday, May 7, 2016
9:00 AM—4:00 PM
The Ecumenical Center, 8310 Ewing Halsell Dr.
(The corner of Wurzbach Parkway and Ewing Halsell, San Antonio)
$127 - Register by Thursday, May 5
$147 At The Door
Healthy Lunch • Nourishing Snacks • Coffee, Tea and Water
Program Materials • Follow Up Support Materials • Resource Goodie Bag
More Reasons You Should Attend
- Learn what role nutrition plays in generating stress responses and what subtle steps to take to improve your physical and emotional health
- Leave with tools you can put to work immediately to build your emotional and physical resilience
- Learn new skills to calm your overworked and overwhelmed emotional system
- Build a referral network of resources and friends to help you and your family
- Gain new awareness and perspective on your and your child’s spiritual gifts
- Eliminate isolation and loneliness by meeting others with similar challenges
- Reconnect spiritually with the Divine in a way that makes sense to you
- Restore connection with your partner so your relationship will last
- Give yourself the gift of time and space to re-energize
What To Expect
The Revive, Renew, Restore Retreat begins at 9:00 AM with coffee and networking to allow you time to meet and connect with mothers of children with learning challenges.
The morning session focuses on self-awareness, personal reflection and spiritual connection. In addition, there will be guest speakers providing short talks on resources to make your life easier.
Around noon, a casual lunch will be provided. You can eat indoors or out on the lawn (weather permitting), where you can reconnect with nature under giant shade trees.
The afternoon session focuses on interactive techniques and approaches to help you gain physical and emotional alignment—reducing stress and calming your nervous system. We'll also talk about simple ways for you to maintain your relationship with your partner.
We will conclude at 4:00 PM reflecting on the gifts we have received and putting together an action plan to Revive You Spiritually, Renew You Physically, & Restore You Emotionally.
Don't Wait Another Minute! Space is Limited
For Additional Information or to Save a Seat
Contact Cheryl Jones