What is a retreat, and why have one?
Merriam Webster defines a retreat as a period of group withdrawal for prayer, meditation, study, or instruction under a director.
Retreats have many benefits. They intended to take you out of the daily grind to a place of comfort and ease. A place, where ideas are shared, plans can be made, and agreements reached. They allow executives, managers, and employees to come together in an uninterrupted casual atmosphere, to improve communication, raise the level of trust, and develop goals and actions.
Why hire a retreat facilitator?
- A facilitator is typically not associated with the organization, and is therefore non-biased, with few preconceived ideas about the organization or its employees.
- A facilitator can see the issue, without judgment, and move the team beyond their limitations.
- A well-facilitated retreat can result in clearing organizational confusion, producing the courage to make needed modifications, and instill the enthusiasm to see commitments through to completion.
Where are retreats held?
We can facilitate on your site, but we recommend off-site locations for the following reasons:
- Concentrated discussion-away from the distractions of the work environment
- Greater ability to focus on working cohesively
- Participants remain for the entire session (No arriving late or leaving early)
- A unique atmosphere that promotes collaboration and creative thinking
- Time for personal reflection and one-on-one interaction
The perfect retreat location will be carefully selected and recommended for your organization's retreat based on the dynamics and size of your team.
How much does a retreat cost?
Please understand this one important thing: This is YOUR retreat, built exclusively for you and your organization. Together, we will assess your needs, and create the perfect retreat for your team and your budget.
The cost of the retreat is calulated based on several factors, which include the number of participants, the venue, the length of the event, materials needed, and the intended outcome.
Our base prices are listed below. We offer these as a guide only and remain flexible, and sensitive to your budget.
How much time should we allow for a retreat?
The length of time varies based on the needs of your team, but here are some guidelines:
- Two-full days is ideal for learning collaboration and team building, strategic planning, rest and fellowship - Starting at $8500
- Full-day is most appropriate for a problem solving or communication retreat. It is a great place to build trust and appreciation for one another - Starting at $3500
- Half-day can be appropriate for narrowly defined topics or a specific issue that needs consensus, or for short-term planning - Starting at $1500
What is the ideal size for a retreat?
Size does matter!
The most effective group size is between five and thirty. Anything group larger will inevitably result in participant withdrawal or avoidance, and less than favorable outcomes.
What results can we expect?
- Boosted energy, enthusiasm and excitement within the organization
- Improved cross-functional cooperation and communication
- Enhanced teamwork and collaboration
- Increased team productivity and efficiency
- Heightened employee engagement
- Enriched communication
Take your pick! Contact MeToday.
Visit our contact page.
Call me directly, Cheryl Jones, 210-545-2378,
Simply The Best specializes in high energy, motivating, and Value-added facilitation of: